Grandpa Gorman's Cleansing Shower
- chapter 15 -
- One of the most destructive lies being shoved down the throats of innocent Americans is
that SERVICE businesses and COMPUTER "information" jobs are just
as good as "old-fashioned" manufacturing jobs in maintaining a healthy economy.
NOT TRUE! . . . NOT TRUE! . . . NOT TRUE!
- Before you read the next page THINK!. . . Can you build a house without a solid
foundation? You can't. Can you create a human being out of paper dolls? You can't.
- Similarly, you can't build a STABLE economy on purely service jobs. When I last
checked government statistics a couple of months ago, there were 131.5 million people
employed in the U.S. BUT -- Only 25.7 million were actually employed in production of PRODUCT
- manufacturing, mining, construction, farming. Almost 93 million were employed in SERVICE
jobs - tax-supported government jobs - the military, schools, police, firemen, retailing,
health care, lawyers, accountants and dozens of similar jobs. There is nothing wrong with
that in a BALANCED economy. What we have NOW is the exact opposite - a tiny, shaky
foundation of productive workers supporting a huge number of service jobs that do not
produce real wealth for the COUNTRY - only for individuals.
- I am not attacking those in service jobs. But, wouldn't you feel safer if your job were
grounded on a solid foundation of reality and common sense, instead of government and
RETURN TO TABLE OF CONTENTS Grandpa Gorman's Cleansing Shower